The Birmingham Small Arms Company (BSA) was a British manufacturer of vehicles, firearms, and military equipment, and still exists as an airgun sport manufacturer motorcycle for sale and distributor.
At its peak, BSA was the largest motorcycle producer in motorcyles for sale the world.
- 1 History
- 1.1 World motercycles for sale War One
- 1.2 Inter-War years
- 1.3 World War Two
- 1.4 Post motocycles for sale war
- 1.5 Norton-Villiers-Triumph
- 1.6 Limited mororcycles for sale revival
- 2 Products
- 2.1 Bicycles
- 2.2 Motorcycles
- 2.3 Motorcycle moyorcycles for sale models
- 2.3.1 Pre World War II
- 2.3.2 Post motrcycles for sale World War II
- 2.4 Cars
- 2.5 Military mtorcycles for sale vehicles
- 2.6 Military equipment
- 2.7 Air Rifles
- 3 See motorcycles for sale also
- 4 External links
BSA was honda motorcycles for sale founded in 1861 in the Gun Quarter, bmw motorcycles for sale Birmingham, England by fourteen gunsmiths of the Birmingham Small Arms suzuki motorcycles for sale Trade Association, who had together supplied arms to the British government during the hyosung motorcycles for sale Crimean War. The company branched out as the gun trade declined; in the 1870s they manufactured the Otto Dicycle, harley davidson motorcycles for sale in the 1880s the company began to manufacture bicycles and in 1903 the wrecked motorcycles for sale company's first experimental motorcycle was constructed. Their first prototype automobile was produced in 1907 cheap motorcycles for sale and the next year the company vintage motorcycles for sale sold 150 automobiles. By 1909 they were offering a number of motorcycles for sale and in 1910 BSA purchased the British Daimler Company for its automobile motorcycles secondhand for sale engines.
World War One
During World War I, the company returned to arms manufacture and greatly expanded its operations. BSA produced rifles and Lewis guns, but custom motorcycles for sale also shells, motorcycles and other vehicles for classic motorcycles for sale the struggle.
In 1920, it bought salvage motorcycles for sale some of the assets of the Aircraft Manufacturing Company (Airco) which had built many important aircraft during the war but had become arizona used motorcycles for sale bankrupt with the lack or orders post hostilities. BSA vintage norton motorcycles for sale did not go into aviation; the chief designer of Airco founded the british motorcycles for sale de Havilland company.
As well as the Daimler car range, BSA re-entered the car motorcycles for sale in michigan market under their own name in 1921 with a V twin engined light car followed by four cylinder models bultaco motorcycles for sale up to 1926 when the name was temporarily dropped. In used bmw motorcycles for sale 1929 a new range of 3 and 4 wheel cars appeared used motorcycles for sale in ohio and production of these continued until 1936.
In the 1930's used trike motorcycles for sale the board of directors authorised expenditure on bringing their arms-making equipment back to use - ebay motorcycles for sale it had been stored at company expense since used yamaha motorcycles for sale the end of the Great War in the belief that BSA might again be called upon to perform its patriotic duty.
In 1931 the Lanchester indian motorcycles for sale Motor Company bmw motorcycles used for sale was acquired and production of their cars transferred to Daimler's Coventry works.
World War Two
By World 3 wheel motorcycles for sale War II, BSA had 67 factories and was well positioned to meet the enduro 2 stroke motorcycles for sale demand for guns and ammunition. BSA operations were also dispersed to other companies under licence. During triumph motorcycles for sale the war it produced over a million Lee-Enfield rifles and half a million Browning machine guns. bsa motorcycles for sale Wartime demands included motorcycle custom built motorcycles for sale production. BSA supplied 126,000 M20 motorcycles to the armed forces, from 1937 (and later until 1950) motorcycles for sale in colorado plus military bicycles including the folding paratrooper bicycle. At the same time, the used honda motorcycles for sale Daimler concern was producing armoured cars.
Post-war, BSA continued to expand antique motorcycles for sale the range of metal goods it produced. The BSA Group bought Triumph Motorcycles apilia motorcycles for sale in 1951, making them the largest producer of motorcycles in the world. The cycle diesel motorcycles for sale and motor cycle interests of Ariel, Sunbeam and New Hudson were also acquired.
In 1960 Daimler was sold off to motorcycles with sidecars for sale Jaguar.
The BSA bicycle arm was sold off to Raleigh in 1957. Bicycles under used motorcycles for sale classifieds the BSA name are currently manufactured and distributed within India by TI Cycles of India.
The production bmw motorcycles for sale used of guns bearing the BSA name continued beyond the 1957 motorcycles for sale in western washington sale of the bicycle division, but in 1986 BSA Guns was liquidated, motorcycles for sale on ebay the assets bought and motorcycles for sale pa renamed BSA Guns (UK) Ltd. The company continues to make air rifles and shotguns, and are still based in Small Heath in Birmingham.
The Group continued to bmw motorcycles for sale australia expand and acquire throughout the 1950s but by 1965 competition from Japan (in the buy and sell motorcycles for sale on ebay shape of companies like Honda) and Germany was eroding BSA's market share. The BSA (and Triumph range) motorcycles for sale canada were no longer aligned with the markets; mopeds were displacing scooter sales, superbikes were up at motorcycles for sale in the uk 1000cc and the trials and scrambles areas were now the preserve of motorcycles for sale ohio two-strokes. Some poor marketing used motorcycles for sale colorado decisions and expensive projects contributed to substantial losses. For example, the development and production investment of the Ariel 3, an ultrastable used motorcycles for sale in wisconsin 3 wheel scooter, was not recouped by sales; the loss 99 suzuki motorcycles for sale has been estimated at some 2 million pounds.
Reorginization in 1971 concentrated motorcycle production at Meriden, goldwing motorcycles for sale Triumphs site, with production of components and engines at BSA's Small Heath. At the same time there were lifan motorcycles for sale redundancies and the selling of assets. Barclays Bank arranged financial backing to motorcycles for sale uk the tune of 10 million.
By 1972, BSA was so moribund northwest motorcycles for sale that with bankruptcy immiment, and with government backing its motorcycle businesses were absorbed into the used suzuki motorcycles for sale Manganese Bronze company, Norton-Villiers, which became Norton-Villiers-Triumph with the intention of producing and marketing bmw motorcycles for sale uk Norton and Triumph motorcycles. The shareholders of BSA confirmed the deal. Although the BSA crashed motorcycles for sale name custom softails motorcycles for sale in tampa florida was left out of the new company's name, a few products continued to be made carrying it honda vtx 1800 r motorcycles for sale until 1973. The final range was just four models: Gold Star 500, 650 Thunderbird/Lightning and the 750cc motocross for sale by owner california used motorcycles Rocket Three.
However, the plan involved the motorcycles for sale in saskatchewan axing of some brands, large reduncancies and consolidation of production at two sites, the plans to rescue and combine Norton, BSA tank50 custom motorcycles for sale and Triumph failed chopper motorcycles for sale in the face of worker resistance. Norton's and BSA's factories were eventually shut down, while Triumph staggered on to fail custom motorcycles chopers trikes for sale four years later.
Out of the ashes of exotic motorcycles for sale recievership, the NVT Motorcycles Ltd company which owned the rights to the BSA marque, was bought-out by the honda motorcycles for sale us management and renamed the BSA Company.
The BSA bicyle arm had been sold kansas motorcycles for sale to Raleigh in 1956 and the BSA Winged-B logo was still seen for while on up-market bicycles.
The BSA motorcycles for sale florida company produced military motorcycles (with motorcycles for sale fort myers Rotax engines) and motorcycles for developing countries (with Yamaha engines) motorcycles for sale in indiana under the BSA name. In the later case the old "Bushman" name was recalled to duty - it had motorcycles for sale in iowa been previously used on high ground clearance Bantams sold for the likes motorcycles with side cars for sale of Australian sheep farmers.
In 1991, the BSA (motorcycle) Company merged with Andover Norton International Ltd., to form a new new harley davidson motorcycles for sale BSA Group, largely producing spare parts for existing motorcycles. In December 1994, norton motorcycles for sale BSA Group was taken over by a newly formed BSA Regal Group. The off road motorcycles for sale new company, based in Southampton, has a large spares yamaha motorcycles for sale business and has produced a number of limited-edition, retro-styled motorcycles.
Bicycle manufacture 1978 honda motorcycles for sale was what led BSA into motorcycles. The subsidiary business BSA Bicyles 2007 h-d motorcycles for sale Ltd was sold to Raleigh Industries in 1956.
BSA Motorcycles Ltd
||some of cheap motorcycles for sale o ebay company's notable products
|Peak custom yamaha motorcycles for sale size
||peak number of employees employees
||former subsidiaries, if any
The first wholly BSA motorcycles were built old motorcycles for sale in 1910, before then engines had come from other manufacturers. BSA Motorcycles Ltd was reverse trike motorcycles for sale set up as a subsidiary in 1919.
BSA motorcycles were sold as affordable motorcycles with reasonable performance for the average user. BSA used bmw motorcycles for sale california stressed the reliability of their machines, the availability of spares and dealer support. victory motorcycles for sale The bmw police training motorcycles for sale motorcycles were a mixture of sidevalve and OHV engines offering different performance for different roles eg hauling a sidecar. The bulk of use would bobbers motorcycles for sale build be for commuting. BSA motorcycles were also popuilar with "fleet buyers" in Britain buell motorcycles for sale such as the ebay used motorcycles for sale Post Office or Automobile Association (AA) breakdown help services. This mass market appeal meant ireland motorcycles for sale they could claim "one in four is a BSA" on advertising.
Machines with better specifications were available for those ktm motorcycles for sale who wanted more performance or for competition work.
Initially, after World motorcycles for sale classified War II, BSA motorcylces were not generally seen motorcycles for sale in port charlotte as racing machines, compared to the likes of Norton. In the immediate post war period few were entered in races such motorcycles for sale in san antonio as the TT races, though this changed dramatically in the Junior Clubman event (smaller engine motorcycles racing over motorcycles for sale maryland some motorcycles for sale nh 3 or 4 laps around one of the Isle of Man courses). In motorcycles for sale texas 1947 there were but a couple of BSA mounted riders, by 1952 however, BSA were in motorcycles with side car for sale the majority and in 1956 the makeup was 53 BSA, 1 Norton and 1 Velocette.
To improve US sales, in 1954, for project motorcycles for sale example, BSA entered a team of riders ural motorcycles for sale in the 200 mile Daytona beach race with a mixture of single cylinder used buell motorcycles for sale Gold Stars and twin cylinder Shooting Stars assembled by Roland Pike. The BSA team used ducati motorcycles for sale riders amazingly took first, second, used motorcycles for sale in dallas, tx third, fourth, and fifth places with two more riders finishing at 8th and 16th. This was the first case of used motorcycles for sale in florida a one brand sweep.
Pre World War II
- G14 1000cc V-twin
- Empire Star
- Blue Star
- Silver Star
- Gold Star
- as the WD M20 the motorcycle of the used tank 50 custom motorcycles for sale British Army vintage montesa motorcycles for sale in WW2
Post World War II
1957 BSA boats motorcycles and rvs for sale Golden Flash 650
- A series Twins (four-stroke, parallel twin)
- A10 Golden Flash
- A10 Road Rocket
- A10 Super Rocket
- A10 Super choppers custom motorcycles for sale Flash
- A10 Rocket Gold Star
- A50R Royal Star
- A50C Cyclone
- A50W Wasp
- A65 Star Twin
- A65L Lightning
- A65R Rocket
- A65T Thunderbolt
- A65H Hornet
- A65S Spitfire
- A65F Firebird Scrambler
- A70L Lightning custom american motorcycles for sale 750
- Triples - the BSA Rocket 3/Triumph Trident were custom chopper motorcycles for sale co-developed, and resultantly the Rocket3 shares some engine components and cycle parts with the custom chopper motorcycles for sale in ohio Triumph Trident (see Triumph Motorcycles), but custom suzuki motorcycles for sale has BSA "slanted" engine cases, and BSA frame and tinware.
- A75R Rocket3 750
- A75RV Rocket3 750 - 5 speed
- A75V Rocket3 750 - 5 speed
- B series (4 damaged motorcycles for sale stroke single cylinder)
- B25 Fleet Star
- B25 Starfire
- B25 Barracuda
- B25 SS Gold find motorcycles for sale Star
- B32 Gold Star
- B34 Gold Star
- B40 350 harley davidson motorcycles for sale in minnesota Star
- B40 SS90
- B44 Victor
- B44SS Shooting Star
- B44VS Victor Special
- B50SS Gold Star 500
- B50T Victor Trials
- B50MX Motocross
- C series honda goldwing motorcycles for sale on ebay (Four-stroke unit singles).
- C11/C11G: 12hp - 70mph - 85mpg - weight 250lbs.
The C11 used a C10 motor fitted honda shadow motorcycles for sale in upstate ny with OHV top end. The frame on the C11 was almost unchanged until 1951 when BSA fitted a plunger rear motorcycles for sale in florence sc end making motorcycles for sale in nc only a little improvement to the quality of the ride. Early gearboxes were weak and were know to explode. The C11G motorcycles for sale in puget sound area was available as a 3 speed with rigid frame or 4 motorcycles for sale in rock springs wyoming speed with the plunger frame version. Both models had better front brakes than motorcycles for sale in san diego calif earlier models. This model was a popular all round commuter motorcycle, and many can still motorcycles used for sale be seen around today.
- (1956 - 1958). salvaged motorcycles for sale 249cc OHV
- C15 Star
- C15T Trials
- C15S Scrambler
- C15SS80 Sports Star 80
- C15 Sportsman
- D series (Two-stroke single cylinder. See BSA Bantam for tank 50 custom motorcycles for sale scooters details)
- Others (may include some export versions of models listed above)
- BSA Barracuda
- BSA Beagle
- BSA Brigand - late 70s trials motorcycles for sale moto-cross style product by NVT with used honda motorcycles for sale on ebay imported 50 cc 2 stroke engine.
- BSA Dandy 70
- BSA Sunbeam (Scooters, also produced as Triumph TS1, TW2 Tigress)
- BSA Starfire
- BSA Rocket Scrambler
- BSA Rocket used kawasaki motorcycles for sale Gold Star
- BSA Fury
- BSA Hornet
- Winged Wheel (auxiliary power unit for bicycles)
- T65 Thunderbolt (essentially used motorbikes motorcycles for sale in phuket thailand a Triumph TR6P with BSA Badges)
- 1907 to 1914 various forms vintage enduro motorcycles for sale with capacities ranging from 2.5 to 4.2 litre. vintage indian motorcycles for sale The larger cars were based on the 1907 Peking-Paris Itala.
- 1910 BSA purchased vintage yamaha motorcycles for sale the Daimler Company who took over car manufacture.
- 1911 BSA car with Daimler engine.
- 1912 Car production transferred to Coventry, BSA cars yamaha motorcycles for sale on ebay became rebadged Daimlers.
- 1914 War stopped car production
- 1921 BSA car production resumed with rear-wheel-drive air-cooled california motorcycles for sale V-twin light car.
- 1929 First BSA three-wheeler
- 1931 TW-5 van version of the three-wheeler
- 1931 BSA canada motorcycles for sale acquired Lanchester.
- 1932 T-9 open four seat four-wheeler with a water-cooled four captain america motorcycles for sale cylinder 9 hp custom motorcycles for sale in uk (6.7 kW) engine (1075 cc).
- 1932 V-9 Van version also produced.
- 1932 Another BSA Rear-wheel-drive find motorcycles for sale pa at ebay fluid flywheel 10 hp (7.5 kW) car, sold alongside the T9.
- 1932 FW32 Four wheeled version of harley davis motorcycles for sale the 3-wheeler produced for 1 year
- 1933 T-9 and V-9 production ceased
- 1933 Four-cylinder engine version of the three and four-wheeled car was added honda motorcycles for sale new jersey to the range.
- 1935 First Scout Series 2/3
- 1936 to 1937 houston motorcycles for sale Scout Series 4
- 1936 Three wheeled cars dropped
- 1937 to 1938 Scout Series 5
- 1938 to 1939 Scout Series 6
- 1940 WWII japanese motorcycles for sale new york local motorcycles for sale stopped production of BSA cars
- 1960 Jaguar Cars Ltd. acquired The Daimler Co. Ltd. and its subsidiaries from the BSA motorcycles for sale connecticut group.
- BSA Scout armoured car
- "Type G Apparatus", Folding paratrooper bicycle, 32½ lb motorcycles for sale georgia (15 kg) with parachute.
- Besa Machine motorcycles for sale in chicago gun
- BSA Mercury Air Rifle
- BSA Meteor Air Rifle
- BSA Lightning Air Rifle
- BSA Superstar Air Rifle
- BSA Goldstar motorcycles for sale in nashville tn Air Rifle
- BSA Hornet Air Rifle
- BSA Supersport motorcycles for sale in nebraska Air Rifle
- BSA Ultra Air Rifle
- BSA Superten Air Rifle
- BSA Spitfire Air Rifle
- List of motorcycles for sale in oregon modern armament manufacturers
- Tribsa cafe racer using a Triumph engine in a BSA frame
- CCM (Clews Competition Motorcycles) - the remants of BSA's motorcycles for sale in tacoma washington area off road arm
- List of BSA motorcycles
- UK BSA Owners Club
- BSA Portal
- BSA guns motorcycles for sale in washington and idaho site
- BSA motorcycle site
- BSA Rocket 3 and Triumph Trident
- BSA Owners Club of motorcycles for sale in wisconsin New England
- BSA Owners Club of Northern California
- BSA B50 motorcycles for sale minneapolis homepage
- Swedish BSA Owners Club
- BSA Small-bore Target Rifles
|Major and Notable motorcycles for sale nj British motorcycle marques
|AJS - BSA - Matchless - Norton - Panther (Phelon & Moore)
Royal Enfield - Sunbeam motorcycles for sale seattle - Triumph - Velocette - Vincent HRD
| trials motorcycles for sale in missouri trike motorcycles for sale used motorcycles for sale in maryland used motorcycles for sale in the state of texas used motorcycles for sale near gallatin tennessee used ridley motorcycles for sale used wrecked motorcycles for sale virago motorcycles for sale canada
Categories: BSA motorcycles | Defunct motor vehicle manufacturers of the offroad motorcycles for sale United Kingdom | online motorcycles for sale Companies from Birmingham, England | Firearms manufacturers | Firearms police motorcycles for sale manufacturers in the United Kingdom | Military vehicle manufacturers | Motorcycle manufacturers of the tennessee motorcycles for sale United Kingdom | Companies established in 1861 | Folding bicycles